Displaying ipa in python.exe

Burgel Rosa Maria Faehndrich b_r_maria at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 19 01:10:14 EDT 2004

I am having some trouble properly displaying unicode characters in
python.exe. When I try to run a script containing the following:

print ur"\u0288"

the window just flashes on and off, without giving the user the
opportunity to input the data that is being asked for.

When I try:

print ur"\u0288".encode('utf-8')

the window stays on, the user can input the data asked for, and a symbol
is displayed, but it's not the symbol I want to see. No trouble at all
when I run the same script in IDLE.

What can I do to fix this? Is there a way of installing additional fonts
in python.exe? Am I using the wrong encoding?

Thanks,

Maria