J2 decorator grammar

Robert Brewer fumanchu at amor.org
Sun Aug 22 03:08:13 EDT 2004

Bengt Richter wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 17:22:43 -0700, "Robert Brewer"
> <fumanchu at amor.org> wrote:
> [...]
> >For that reason (and others), I plan not to promote any form
> of the word
> >"decorate". We can start having that conversation now if you want. ;)
> >
> What about just using
>
>     def:
>         deco1
>         deco2('with','parameters')
>         any_expression_returning_a_callable_allowing_a_single_arg_call
>     def foo():
>         pass

Guido mildly rejected it in April:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2004-April/043933.html

In addition, it would probably be a significant rewrite of the patch
Michael Sparks has written for the current proposal. Candidates which
are not already keywords don't have that problem. ;)

That really should've received its own letter designation on the wiki.
:(

Robert Brewer
MIS
Amor Ministries