Python secure?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Mon Aug 16 10:24:56 EDT 2004

On 2004-08-16, Roger Binns <rogerb at rogerbinns.com> wrote:
> Grant Edwards wrote:
>> I don't see how decompiling is a copyright violation.  If I buy
>> a copy of a book, I'm pretty sure I can translate it into
>> another language if I want to form my own use.
>
> They need to use what they decompile for it to be a copyright
> violation.

IANAL, but it looks like under Title 17, the act of creating a
derived work is an infringement.  It doesn't say the derived
work has to be used and/or distributed for it to be an
infringement.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  NEWARK has been
                                  at               REZONED!! DES MOINES has