Alternative decorator syntax decision

Fri Aug 20 10:00:11 EDT 2004

"Ville Vainio" <ville at spammers.com> wrote in message
news:du7hdqyxezw.fsf at mozart.cc.tut.fi...

>     Paul> (And let's hope we get at least as good a response as the
"average age"
>     Paul> thread!)
>
> Not going to happen, with the words "alternative decorator syntax" in
> the subject. No sensible person wants to see yet another wacky
> alternative, and the subject promises as much.
>
> Hence, I won't vote yet because, at minimum, you need a better subject
> line.
>
> Something like this needs to be announced somewhere (e.g. daily
> python-url).
>
> --
> Ville Vainio   http://tinyurl.com/2prnb

Ville -

I'm afraid I have to agree, the subject is a poor one.  I noticed that
yesterday as the responses were slow to come in.  Something more on the
order of "READ THIS - IT'S FREAKIN' IMPORTANT!"  is surely warranted.

I am still relatively new to Usenet, and surely not aware of how to update
the subject of an existing post, otherwise I would have done so!

But please don't abstain in voting over my poor judgment in titling this
thread, the responses are starting to trickle in (there was already a
cross-mention on python-dev).  And I would not at all be offended if you
posted an additional note with some more-appropriate subject, directing
people to this process.

Thanks,
-- Paul