Standalone Python Programs...

uri bushey urbushey at sas.upenn.edu
Thu Aug 5 19:44:58 EDT 2004

I have a Python program that is built on an infrastructure of quite a
few other programs, but I would like to create a standalone nonetheless.

It doesn't necesarily have to be its own executable, although this is
the most attractive option - it could just mean distributing the entire
python distribution with it in an installer or something.

However, here is what I have called in my python file:
Tkinter, and multiple Pmw widgets
WaveSurfer, called as a "Wsurf" widget, which is a great little program
used for Spectrograms of wave files etc. It relies on Tcl/Tk and the
SNACK library, which also have to be installed for my script to work.

Can anyone help? I'm open to any option, py2xe, mcmillan's, or cx_freeze
or whatever that program is, or even an installer that installs all of
those programs.

I'm vying for the most elegant solution.

Thanks!

--uri