Codecs for ISO 8859-11 (Thai) and 8859-16 (Romanian)

Peter Jacobi peter_jacobi at gmx.net
Sun Aug 1 12:30:29 EDT 2004

Hi Martin, All,

"Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:>
> The process is actually very easy. Anybody willing to contribute them
> would have to upload them to SF (sf.net/projects/python).

Perhaps I have just misunderstood your email. I read it this way (in my own words):

 Taking into account unanswered questions about ISO 8859-11 and TIS620,
 whoever wants to contribute, has to do provider further research,
 starting with, but not limited to, buying the ISO standard.

 The prospective contributor in addition has to provide support for this
 patch and answer all questions about the details involved.

Sorry, this is in the moment out of scope for me. I have a patch, using
information from a source which is reliable enough for my personal
requirements, and now the patch is on USENET available for everyone
who wants to investigate further.

Regards,
Peter Jacobi