Python and C, looking for a C IDE

Michael Foord fuzzyman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 03:10:26 EDT 2004

Ville Vainio <ville at spammers.com> wrote in message news:<du74qmstkb3.fsf at lehtori.cc.tut.fi>...

>     Michael> That aside - Pyrex looks the kiddie. Can anyone reccomend
>     Michael> a reasonable C IDE ? An 'IDE' would be nice, but an
>     Michael> editor might be sufficient.
>
> IDE isn't really necessary for C - OO/modular languages like Java/C++
> benefit more from IDEs. You might do better by just picking an editor
> (e.g. something like Emacs or Jed) and putting the compilation
> commands in a python script (or a bat file), or learn make.
>
> Then again, there is Eclipse, the IDE to end all IDEs. It supports
> C/C++ too.

Ahh... 'the one true IDE'... at last I've found it ;-)
I think I've heard good things about eclipse.

I might just use Ultraedit though (my favourite editor) and as you say
investigate automating the compile cycle...... I probably *ought* to
learn make, but I'd rather script it myself.

Regards,

Fuzzy