Mysql in Python?

JZ cy.fbp.eryvtvne at ncbybtrglxn.pbz
Fri Aug 27 04:04:10 EDT 2004

26 Aug 2004 11:45:12 -0700, na comp.lang.python, Simon John napisał(a):

> Probably the only thing keeping me with database coding in PHP instead
> of Python is that it's so unclear what should be used for what!

Using PHP native database functions is a very bad idea. All experencied
programmers use more abstract db wrappers like ADOdb
(http://adodb.sourceforge.net/). There is ADOdb version for Python as well.
Other pythonic modules are DB-API2 compatible so there is no such mess like
PHP native functions.

> It's a similar thing for templating systems - there's too much choice,
> and nothing has really become "the standard". I never thought I'd
> complain about too much choice!

There is no PHP standard templating system. PHP itself is a template
framework! (although no one experienced want to use its mixing php and html
mess). Check ezPublish, Invision Board, phpBB or others bigger projects. No
one keep with one, standard template framework.

--
JZ