Question

Shane Holloway (IEEE) shane.holloway at ieee.org
Wed Aug 11 18:16:51 EDT 2004

Dag,

If you want to execute python-type statements, then you will want to use
eval().  However, if your input is limited to smaller expressions, you
can parse the input into pieces and then interpret them.

So, what I'm saying is that you need to provide more information.  What
subset of eval's functionality do you need?

Regards,
-Shane Holloway