numarray speed question

grv575 grv575 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 31 00:52:42 EDT 2004

Great that cleared up that discrepancy between the source and the code
I'm translating to.  I think I've tried all the libraries though,
numarray.fft, numarray.fftpack, scipi's fft module.  I've even got the
install script for scipi to tell me it found fftw modules so I'm
pretty sure it was using them, but I'm getting the same speeds for
each module...and the code _should_ be about 10x faster (compared to
C/fortran/etc.)  They really should better document exactly how to get
fast ffts up and running under these number packages.