Why I love python.

Michael Scarlett bitshadow at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 12 20:05:34 EDT 2004

There is an amazing article by paul graham about python, and an even
better discussion about it on slashdot. The reason I point this out,
is the more I read both articles, the more I realised how we would be
mutilating the language with that god forsaken @ decorator.
I don't know about the rest of you, but I learned python and fell in
love with its syntax and simplicity. Python - just works. So please
GVR. Don't complicate it. Leave it as is. Work on making it faster,
not uglier. Work on - in some cases - better algorithms for certain
modules, not for it to even closely resemble C or perl or god knows
whateverotherlanguagethereisoutthere. Am i the only one with a
visceral reaction to this thing???

paul Graham article: http://www.paulgraham.com/pypar.html

Slashdot discussion:
http://developers.slashdot.org/developers/04/08/12/1721239.shtml?tid=156&tid=218