age of Python programmers

Ian J Cottee ian at cottee.org
Sat Aug 21 04:59:41 EDT 2004

Reid Nichol wrote:
> Gerrit Muller wrote:

>> Very cool. It might be good idea to add a date and time at the top,
>> since new datapoint keep coming in?
>
> How about labels for the axes as well.
>

>> and then a quantum leap towards Python.
>
> You're aware that a quantum leap means a extremely small leap, right?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=quantum%20leap

A dramatic advance, especially in knowledge or method, as in
Establishing a central bank represents a quantum leap in this small
country's development. This term originated as quantum jump in the
mid-1900s in physics, where it denotes a sudden change from one energy
state to another within an atom. Within a decade it was transferred to
other advances, not necessarily sudden but very important ones.

Ian