age of Python programmers

Fred Allen fallen at leveltwo.com
Mon Aug 23 19:21:20 EDT 2004

Jeremy Jones <zanesdad at bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:<mailman.1857.1092832475.5135.python-list at python.org>...
> Lucas Raab wrote:
>
> >One thing I've always kind of wondered is what is the average age of a
> >Python programmer?? What age groups use Python?? Something to think
> >about....

Sigh...I have programmed professionally in many languages since 1956,
the year I began with IBM 704 and 705 absolute(not quite assembler). I
have been a Python enthusiast for several years now, Regrettably, I
program little now, for my other company responsibilities forbid it.
Moreover, I'll be seventy next year; I seem slightly less quick at
coding than in my salad days...happily, I'm surrounded by others still
in theirs. I hope that all laboring in the vineyards of ones and zeros
gain as much joy from their careers as I have (and still do) from
mine.

Fred Allen