Py2Exe PROBLEM

Lad export at hope.cz
Thu Aug 19 15:09:07 EDT 2004

Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote in message news:<2tGdncgUvpKRD7ncRVn-oQ at powergate.ca>...
> Lad wrote:
>
> > I try to make an exe file from my script with help of Py2exe but I am
> > not successfull.
> > When compilation finishes I get:
> >
> > The following modules appear to be missing
> > ['blackbox', 'timing', 'rgs.py']
> >
> > Can you please help me how to solve the problem?
>
> If you explain what problem you are actually having.
>
> Are you assuming simply because of that warning message that
> it didn't work?  What happens when you try to run the resulting
> .exe file?
>
> Note that py2exe will sometimes complain about modules that
> are not actually required for the program to run.
>
> Also please explain what "blackbox" and "timing" are, if
> they are part of the problem.
>
> Finally (and this might be the whole problem), you seem
> to be using "import rgs.py" when you really meant to use
> just "import rgs".  You don't import Python modules using
> the full filename of the source file...
>
> -Peter

Dear Peter,
Thank you for your help.
Yes, I changed import rgs.py to import rgs but I still receive
 >>The following modules appear to be missing
> > ['blackbox', 'timing', 'rgs.py']

When I try to start the exe file I get

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "rgs.pyc", line 561, in OnFileHistory

  File "pickle.pyc", line 1390, in load
  File "pickle.pyc", line 872, in load
  File "pickle.pyc", line 985, in load_string
LookupError: unknown encoding: string-escape

Can you please help again?
Lad