C++ app calling python script repeatedly

Brian Quinlan brian at sweetapp.com
Mon Aug 16 05:47:10 EDT 2004

nik wrote:

> How could I solve this? Can the user run a python program alongside my
> C++ app, and the app call a method on the users program? I.e. can the
> script I call be part of a global process in some way? Or, are there
> other ways to go about this?
>
> nik

You might want to think about how you would do this if the entire
application were written in Python. It sounds like "theScript.py" is a
module that provides some sort of service to the rest of your
application. So you would probably be best to import it once and then
call a function in that module every time that you need to.

Cheers,
Brian