Logical lines of code counter

Leif K-Brooks eurleif at ecritters.biz
Sun Aug 22 21:44:17 EDT 2004

I got bored with working on larger projects and wrote a little
script/module for counting logical (not physical) lines of Python code
in a file or directory. It uses ASTs generated by compiler.parse instead
of text manipulation functions, so it isn't incredibly fast, but the
speed is good enough to be usable for me.

If you want to take a look, the file is at
<http://ecritters.biz/linecount.py>. I don't really care about how
people license their modifications (and the GPL is longer than the
script itself), so it's licensed under the MIT License.

I'm sure there are a few bugs (AST nodes I forgot to count?), and I'd
appreciate being emailed if anyone finds one.