Mysql in Python?

Simon John simoninusa2001 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 26 14:45:12 EDT 2004

Probably the only thing keeping me with database coding in PHP instead
of Python is that it's so unclear what should be used for what!

It's a similar thing for templating systems - there's too much choice,
and nothing has really become "the standard". I never thought I'd
complain about too much choice!

Also, PostgreSQL seems to be better supported than MySQL, although good
luck finding a web host with PostgreSQL *and* mod_python!

I guess anything that uses the DB-API 2 should be used, but MySQLdb
says it's out-of-date!

There's a list of modules at
http://python.org/topics/database/modules.html