Confused about pep 318

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 06:45:15 EDT 2004

Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> wrote in message news:<mailman.1160.1091658179.5135.python-list at python.org>...
> There was a lot of discussion on python-dev, but none very recently (last
> month or so).  Guido indicated there that he brought up the topic at
> EuroPython in his keynote talk and entertained discussion from the floor.
> Based upon that discussion he decided to go with the @-decorator syntax.
> Since EuroPython most/all the discussion went on in private email or on
> irc.  I think it would be nice if this conversation was summarized in the
> PEP, but that will have to come from one of the participants.
>
> Skip

I think the way the decision came up was absolutely unfair to the PEP
proponents and to the Python community at large. This disturb me more
than the syntax itself (which I don't like, but this not the point).
I agree that Guido is the Dictator For Life, but he is supposed to
be Benevolent!

I-will-never-submit-a-PEP-ly,

          Michele Simionato