decorator syntax polling suggestion

David Vaughan David.Vaughan at Gifford.UK.com
Fri Aug 13 12:09:18 EDT 2004

Steven Bethard wrote:

> What I'm really interested in here is trying to build a consensus
among the
> dissatisfied people.  If you scan the list right now, you can see that
there
> are a hundred people going in a hundred directions.

Sounds like what we need is a transferable multiple vote system - see
    http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Coombs%27_method
That way, the poll-winner was voted either for or against by each person
who
cared about it.

This would firstly present a fun Python project writing on the on-line
voting form and results-processor (any volunteers?), and would also keep
everyone amused while they work out how the voting works and then how to
rank all the proposals, giving my inbox a welcome respite :-)

David

P.S. FWIW, I'm a J2 person - very elegant.

David Vaughan
Structural Analyst
for Gifford

  _____

GIFFORD AND PARTNERS LTD
Carlton House, Ringwood Road, Woodlands,
Southampton, SO40 7HT,  UNITED KINGDOM

Tel: +44 (0)23 8081 7500      Fax: +44 (0)23 8081 7600
Email: David.Vaughan at gifford.uk.com
Web:  http://www.gifford.uk.com
  _____

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may
be confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient or the person
responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, be
advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is
strictly prohibited.