[Python-Dev] RELEASED Python 2.4, alpha 2

"Martin v. Löwis" martin.vonloewis at hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Aug 10 12:33:00 EDT 2004

Martin v. Löwis wrote:

> Yes, saw that. I'm not faulting you though - I do believe that the
> behaviour in this case should be improved somehow.

Ok, I have tried to reproduce this, and *now* I'm faulting you :-)
I thought that there was a special "restricted user" with less-than-
reasonable permissions. I usually have XP Pro in a domain only, so I
don't get to see this user interface. I have tried this out, and found
that a "restricted account" is just one where the user belongs to
the "Users" group (instead of belonging to the "Power Users" group).
Such a user can, by default, write to its own registry, and install
the MSI as planned (i.e. Privileged is false). Closing #1004837.

Regards,
Martin