Has anyone implemented BASIC in Python?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Aug 23 10:27:01 EDT 2004

Paul Rubin wrote:
> Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> writes:
>
>>>Dunno about Logo but I did Forth just out of general perversity.
>>>I suppose I could post it.
>>
>>Please do!
>
> http://www.nightsong.com/phr/python/forth.py

Thank you, Paul.  Several others wrote to check if you had
sent anything to me privately, so there must be interest. :-)

(My interest stems from two areas: simple curiosity and the
possibility of using Forth as a "scripting" language for
some embedded systems at some point, and the thought
that a Python-based Forth could be used to allow PC-side
test-driven development.  Mostly I have the same curiosity
that led you to write it in the first place, but either
less time or more laziness. ;-)

-Peter