Proposed improved decorator syntax

Anthony Baxter anthonybaxter at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 00:21:50 EDT 2004

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 21:33:45 -0600, Bruce Eckel
<bruceeckel at mailblocks.com> wrote:
> I don't know if "experimental features" have been put into the
> language before, ones that actually exist in a release but have
> warnings on them that say "things may change as we learn more." But if
> not, it seems like this might be the time to start. I think we need
> something to express metadata and/or code behavior change and/or
> whatever it is that we're really trying to do, but I don't think we'll
> figure out what that is until we have something to experiment with --
> and change.

I don't think any "experimental features" will remain experimental beyond
the alpha cycle of a release. Once we hit beta, we stop experimenting. This
is a pretty fundamental thing about Python, in comparision to other languages -
it's rare for something to be taken away after it's added.