IDLE under Cygwin doesn't show toolbar menu

Porky Pig Jr porky_pig_jr at my-deja.com
Wed Aug 18 21:05:25 EDT 2004

Just downloaded and installed the latest Cygwin distribution which
includes python 2.3.4. IDLE runs fine but for some reason the toolbar
menu doesn't show up.
Like, by default, it starts shell window, but no toolbar. If I type

idle foobar.py

it brings both shell and editor windows, but once again, no toolbar on
either window -- which renders the edtior quite disfunctional.

Just want to check if anyone else ever ran into this problem and what
was the workaround -- before I contact Cygwin folks.

TIA.