Alternative decorator syntax decision

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 12:49:23 EDT 2004

Robert Brewer <fumanchu <at> amor.org> writes:
> To Paul, M. Sparks, et al: Since J2 is coming up frequently (and Guido
> did not immediately reject it when asked), I'm going to follow through
> and try to write a proposal this weekend for J2. I'll post it here for
> feedback (and of course, wait for the 'final' count of votes) before
> posting it on py-dev.

This is great!  Thanks so much!

I wanted to say that despite my hesitations about voting, I think this voting
thread has been a pretty helpful way to focus our discussions.  It does look
like J2 is generally the preferred syntax so far (with the C syntaxes coming
in second).  I hope this is an opportunity for us all to come together to
support a single proposal since this is the only way GvR will really consider
our suggestions.  I know that J2 is not everyone's favorite, but I'm hoping
that we can agree that, even if it's not our favorite, is a clear improvement
over @pie syntax.

Thanks everyone for all your work and discussions!

Steve