Rather than decorators, how about sections?

Richard Hanson me at privacy.net
Fri Aug 13 13:47:51 EDT 2004

[Bystander delurking -- idle musings...]

[Paul Morrow wrote:]
>Hmmm... did I say 'aspect'?  Maybe instead of cluttering up the code
>with all of these 'declarations' (which is clearly where the decoration
>movement is headed), we should have some sort of companion file that
>contains these annotations, similar to what you see in the AOP languages.

Splork!

 -- And just yesterday, continuing to note all the discussion in
py-dev (and here) involving just where in the *linear* layout of
the code the decorators should go, I thought that maybe we need
tables -- two-dimensional coding (orthogonal beats flat)...?

1) A column of cells (of lines, blocks?) for what we now use as
our single, linear arrangement (lines) of code.

2) A column of cells for decorators and the like -- decorators
would go in the cells alongside the decorated code.

3) Perhaps a column for source code documentation.

4) [...]

(Of course, then we'd need new editors, etc.)

;-)

thinking-laterally-y'rs,
Richard

--
R Hanson [The mangled email addie below works.]
sick<P0INT>ole<PERI0D>fart<PIE_DEC0_SYNTAX>newsguy<MARK>com