Call for signatories for J2

Anthony Baxter anthonybaxter at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 00:42:34 EDT 2004

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 16:34:33 +1200, Greg Ewing
<greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:
> It came as a shock to people *in* python-dev, too. It just
> appeared one day as a fait accompli, without any opportunity
> for discussion.

*shrug* I posted a couple of weeks before from Guido saying "here's
another syntax that Guido is leaning towards", and asking for a
volunteer to write a patch. Patch was done, there was a bit of
back-and-forth in the patch tracker on SF, then it came down to a
Guido decision.

I don't know what additional discussion on python-dev would have
accomplished. Almost no-one spoke up about the @syntax when I posted
the first note.