How big can a Python program be?

vronskij at post.sk vronskij at post.sk
Wed Aug 18 10:55:42 EDT 2004

> What are you actually asking?  What technical limitations,
> such as maximum line count per module, Python might have?

Well this is maybe difficult to define. Programs reach some limit and
become unmanagable. This is one reason why we have OOP, UML etc.

> And more importantly than anything: why do you want to know
> such things?

Simple. Can you make an ERP in Python? Or is Python limited to little
nice scripts or small programs with nice GUI?
We are thinking to start a huge project, which could be hundreds of
thousands of lines huge. I would finally know the answer, but it is
probably better to ask first...