[IronPython] Jim Hugunin's web log.

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Mon Aug 30 20:31:05 EDT 2004

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 20:11:51 +0100,
	David Wilson <dw at botanicus.net> wrote:
> Anti-trust conspiracy theories aside, if Microsoft adopts Python as a
> part of its development toolset, the repercussions for Windows RAD and
> scripting are massive...

Hugunin has said his job is to "make the CLR better for dynamic languages".
It's unclear to me that directive is synonymous with "develop IronPython
further"; he could invent his own new language and implement that, or work
with other CLR-based projects.  I wouldn't conclude that Microsoft is
adopting Python as a supported tool, or even that Python is Hugunin's
primary focus, until he actually says that's his goal.

--amk