IronPython-0.6 is now available!

Ely Stob ely.stob at elvis.com
Mon Aug 2 18:40:31 EDT 2004

"Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote in message news:<410963E4.2040106 at v.loewis.de>...
> I have worked a lot with C# and .NET lately, and found two things:
> - the VM is very well designed. It does not really work for languages
>    other than C#, though (and, yes: I believe that it does not work
>    well for Python either, despite IronPython's existance (*))
                                                            ^^^
Where is the referent of your asterisk?

I'm very much interested in why you insist that the CLR does not work
well for Python, in the face of an apparently solid existence proof,
in the form of IronPython, that that simply isn't the case.

I know you have a sound understanding of Python, and sometimes
understanding beats apparent empirical evidence...

Ely