mySQLdb

m0226065 megalomaan at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 26 18:15:26 EDT 2004

Ok

so I have a mySQL server
and mySQLdb as an interface (do I us this term correct here?) to this server
from python
now I have a game:
    I want to read a file into the db
    I want other data to be kept in the db from now on

problem:
since I have special things I want to do (like write a dict into a db), do I
have to write a specialized class, derived from mySQLdb, or would that be
dumb? I mean, I guess it would be easier to write some functions that take
care of everything, while I just say "write this dict to that table" or
"write this dict item to that table" and so on.

I know there are things like ZOPE, but I just want to get an understanding
of this...

Johan Potums

---