Install Python on win32 without modifying registry

Jeff Sandys sandysj at juno.com
Fri Aug 20 16:02:35 EDT 2004

Install Python-2.3 on a computer that you have registry permissions,
like your home computer, copy everything in the Python23 directory
onto a CDROM, also search for python23.dll and copy it to the CDROM.
You will be able to run Python off of the CDROM.  Copy the CDROM
onto the restricted computer and you can run Python on it without
using the registry.

I think that Pythonwin needs to register to activate the COM
interface, I could be wrong, try copying the PythonCOM23.dll and
PyWinTypes23.dll and see if it works.

SeaPIG members have worked on a Python distribution with a
webserver that will run off of a USB zipdrive, on any Windows,
Linux and Mac computer.

Thanks,
Jeff Sandys