Pilprint

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Wed Aug 11 11:51:03 EDT 2004

Chris Jankowski wrote:

>I am a newbie to the world of Python and trying to print some
> images(.tif).  I have installed the PIL Library and can use the some
> of the fuctions like: m.format, im.size, im.mode without any problem.
> When I try to use the Tools like pilprint and pilfile, I can't seem to
> get them to work.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Examples:
> Traceback (  File "<interactive input>", line 1
>    pilfile *.tif

> Traceback (  File "<interactive input>", line 1
>    pilprint 'c:/chris.TIF'
>                          ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax

pilprint (etc) are programs, not Python statements.  you're supposed
to run them from the standard command line, not Python's interactive
prompt.

depending on your operating system, and how things are set up, some
of these should work:

    pilprint.py c:/chris.tif
    python pilprint.py c:/chris.tif
    pilprint c:/chris.tif