decorator with keyword

Anthony Baxter anthonybaxter at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 03:25:44 EDT 2004

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 23:03:39 -0400, Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:
> Reinhold Birkenfeld wrote:
> > I'm sure it would help if every supporter of this syntax started a
> > thread of his own on python-dev *wink*
> Glad you put the wink in... I doubt that would help the
> cause.

And Brett Cannon would probably have you whacked if you did it.

> that there
> is a fairly wide consensus that decorate: (possibly with
> a different keyword) is far preferred to @pie...

FWIW, I still prefer pie-decorators to decorate. That's just
from translating my trusty decorator-testbed-code into it.

> At least,
> I think that was roughly what was asked for of the masses,
> if the masses had anything to say about the matter.

Pretty much - although the theory was that there would need
to be a discussion on technical merits of one over the other,
rather than "here's a list of people who prefer this or that".
But you knew that already...