Xah Lee's Unixism

Pascal Bourguignon spam at mouse-potato.com
Thu Aug 26 21:36:37 EDT 2004

otto.wyss at orpatec.ch (Otto Wyss) writes:

> Xah Lee <xah at xahlee.org> wrote:
>
> > this earth.  Two things are on the top of my agenda: Unixism and Perl.
> >
> What you mean with Unixism?

It's always funny to observe people's contradictions:

    Last week i bought a chain saw with a
    twisted handle. Perhaps i wasn't
    careful, but by accident it chopped one
    of my arm off, then i thought to myself
    "gosh, this is POWERFUL!". This seems to
    be the fashionable mode of thinking
    among the unixers or unixer-to-be, who
    would equate power and flexibility with
    rawness and complexity; disciplined by
    repeated accidents. Such a tool would
    first chop off the user's brain, molding
    a mass of brainless imbeciles and
    microcephalic charlatans the likes of
    Larry Wall and Linus Torvald jolly
    asses. --Xah Lee