Dynamic languages

Reid Nichol rnichol_rrc at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 28 13:24:26 EDT 2004

Tom B. wrote:
> I doubt that this is what they mean but a dynamic language is a language
> that is still evolving (Python) as opposed to a dead language (COBOL).
During my "education" at my school of unfortunate choice I had to learn
the script of the damned... sorry, COBOL.  I learned that it has indeed
gone through some developments in the past years ie COBOL now is object
oriented COBOL.

It *should* be dead though, but companies don't want to develope any new
systems.  So, they fund a programming program at some local college at
"suggest" that they include it so that they have a work force availible
to make changes to there system.

That of course doesn't mean that this certain company's COBOL programmer
lasts on average < 6 months.  Which certainly is the case.  Quite
frankly I don't know how they last so long.