Rather than decorators, how about sections?

Steve dippyd at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 12 21:01:08 EDT 2004

Paul Morrow wrote:

>     class Foo(object):
>         staticmethods:
>             def baz(a,b):
>                 print "I'm a static method."
>             def bez(c,d):
>                 print "I'm a static method too."
>
>         classmethods:
>             def biz(klass):
>                 print "I'm a class method."
>

>         def __init__(self):
>             print "We all know what I am."

I don't.

Is there a simple primer for static and class methods
and decorators and such that you can recommend?

I've looked at the URL you gave with the Memoize class
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/PythonDecoratorLibrary,
but it assumes you already know what decorators are.

Then, later, Paul Morrow wrote:

 > Fine, instead of Foo (the name of the class), use
the > word klass.  It's a popular name for the first
 > parameter of a class method.

"klass" isn't a word. It is a twee deliberate
mispelling of a word.

It also runs the risk of causing confusion when code is
spoken aloud (eg in actual human-to-human communication
using alternating high and low pressure atmospheric
waves to deliver packets of information, or in text
readers for the blind).

It is bad enough when coders (including myself) choose
to deliberately mispell words, but to make it required
is unforgivable.

--
Steven.
Any mispellings in the above post are deliberate, and