Larry Wall & Cults

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Fri Aug 27 07:51:54 EDT 2004

norman werner wrote:

> Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:
>>Robert wrote:
>>>Isn't "Xah Lee" chinese for "Moron"?
>>No, it's Esperanto (universal language) for "troll"...
>
> Bonvolu ne s:ercu pri nekonatoj aferoj. "Xah Lee" certe - pro manko de
> Ikso - ne estas esperanto. Kaj via s:erco nur s:tulta estas.
>
> Norman
> tradukita:
> You certainly have not the slightest idea about esperanto. So please
> dont't emberass yourself. And back to topic(?): "Xah lee" is not
> esperanto.

Well, let's see how your clear your mind was today.

Either it's a joke, in which case it is clear to all
that it doesn't really mean troll, or it's not a joke
in which case I obviously don't know Esperanto.

Here are the facts:

1. It's a joke, as you surmised.

2. I know Esperanto.

Now can you perhaps see that your first comment in the poor
translation of your own Esperanto is invalid and offensive?

By the way, to those not fluent in both languages, what this
fellow really wrote was more along the lines of "Please do not
joke about things you don't know about.  Xah Lee certainly --
because Esperanto has no "x" -- is not Esperanto.  And your
joke is merely stupid."

If you're going to accuse me of stupidity, please at least
get your own translation and logic skills in working order
first.

-Peter