Importance of C# (was Re: IronPython-0.6 is now available!)

Indrek Kruusa indrek.kruusa at tuleriit.ee
Sat Aug 7 03:34:43 EDT 2004

Peter Hansen wrote:

> Indrek Kruusa wrote:
>
>> A little comparison of C#, perl and python here (Speed test in menu):
>>
>> http://www.tuleriit.ee/progs/
>

> <snip>

> Do you pick a new test case, or write inefficient code that no
> programmer experienced in that
> language would actually write?   I'm not sure of the answer...

This is just an attempt to provide something more fun and "real" than
just simple measuring of millions of iterations over a+=1 in different
languages. It includes simple string operations, date manipulating, some
calculating and I/O.
Those things are somehow comparable in the means of execution speed. To
compare fullblown solutions...I don't know...you can write thesis about
it but among other aspects you definitely need a fair and simple speed
test and then I suppose you will find my 2c quite usable :)

Indrek