Mechwarrior Python Game

Pete Shinners pete at shinners.org
Tue Aug 10 01:01:38 EDT 2004

Jared wrote:
> Has anybody played the Mechwarrior Miniatures game?  I'm trying to
> represent the game in python.  First thing I need to do is make a
> playing field.  Mechs will move on the playing field based on inches
> to scale in any direction.  Any ideas?

You'll probably want to get comfortable working with a game on a hex
grid. You can usually treat it as a skewed 2D grid. There are plenty of
articles on developing hex games.

There are a few examples on the Pygame site, but most are either
incomplete or very deep. I haven't seen any clean examples out there
that show you how it's all done with Python code. But I know there's a
few people working on that sort of thing.