Dr. Dobb's Python-URL! - weekly Python news and links (Aug 23)

Jeff Shannon jeff at ccvcorp.com
Tue Aug 24 14:45:53 EDT 2004

Anthony Baxter wrote:

>[1] I don't count my snarking as a particularly useful form of
>participation - more a combination of trying to keep people honest and
>my normal contrariness.

On the contrary, I'd say that your commentary has had a very useful
effect, even if only by defining a target for those who were interested
in actually *doing* something as opposed to just complaining.  It's only
by shifting gears to aim for that target that anything useful (the J2
implementation and paper) came about.

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer
Credit International