Making the Zen of Python more useful

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Fri Apr 2 13:09:42 EST 2004

Andrew Henshaw wrote:

> I'm sure that is true.  Unfortunately, I can't write a patch since I can't
> think of a way to provide both functions; except, by wrapping in another
> module - which I mentioned in my original post and was repeated by Joe Mason.
> It's not a big deal, obviously.  It would just be nice if there was a way to
> do both using the one module.

Maybe (in the spirit of a couple of days ago) what is needed is
*adverbial* keywords.  Then you could do:

   import this quietly

One could expand on that idea as well, such as to satisfy those who
are overly obsessed with performance issues:

   import wxPython rapidly

or those with intermittent problems in their own code:

   import flakymodule reliably

-Peter