[OT] Top posting is a PITA

Jacek Generowicz jacek.generowicz at cern.ch
Thu Apr 1 04:09:11 EST 2004

Michael <mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu> writes:

> I follow more than 300 mailing lists on a regular basis (I get around
> 3 gigs of mail a day just from these lists)

Given the time this must leave you to read, understand, and
thoughtfully reply to any given article ... I'll let you draw your own
conclusions about what effect this might have on the quality of your
contributions.

> and I much prefer people that top-post.

... yup, if you are really not interested in _understanding_ what is
going on, then top-posting is for you.

> Of course the only people I really hate are those that quote text
> without quoting it.. so it's all on the same level and you can't tell
> what they wrote from what others have written.

They should be tortured without remorse.