Error copying a file

Stephen Boulet stephendotboulet at motorola_._com
Fri Apr 16 16:32:40 EDT 2004

Peter Hansen wrote:

> Okay, any reason not to call this a bug in the Windows version of
> Python, when os.path.isfile can handle the name but Python can't
> open or copy the file?

Good question.

> (Stephen, I think therein lies your solution for now though, which
> is to find the 8.3 format name with, say, "DIR /x" or maybe
> win32api.GetShortPathName (if that even works) and copy it that
> way.)
>
> -Peter

I can list the file at the DOS prompt:

"dir /x" gives me "01SYMP~2.OGG" as the short file name, "dir
01SYMP~2.OGG" does echo back the file name, but "copy 01SYMP~2.OGG"
gives me a "The system cannot find the file specified" error.

Oh well, I'll just redo it with a different file name.

I did burn the CD under linux, with k3b as a front end to cdrecord,
using joliet extensions with 128 character file names enabled.

Stephen