CamelCase versus wide_names (Prothon)

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Fri Apr 16 00:25:02 EDT 2004

Mark Hahn wrote:
> Yes, I was definitely guilty of over-generalization.  I was just so
> surprised that 100% of the first 6 who gave an opinion picked camelCase that
> I got carried away.  Small sample sets like the first six can be deceptive,
> but the odds of wide_names winning after this early response are near zero.
> (Unless there is some correlation with camelCase-loving and quick-responding
> :)

There will certainly be a correlation between your original message
about the "100% prefer camelCase" and the sudden influx of messages
from wide_names folks, too though.  Remember Heisenberg, and also
remember first year statistics, and remember Ada, for that matter,
and don't make your decision based on a simplistic vote like this
in the newsgroup.

-Peter