here document as script and read from stdin

Robin Becker robin at SPAMREMOVEjessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Apr 20 17:41:51 EDT 2004

Robin Becker wrote:

> Is it possible to use python with a shell HERE document as the script
> and read the standard input? In other words make python usable as a
> filter with a side input?
>
> It doesn't seem to be obvous unless I can somehow use the -c option.
Well I find I can put the script in as the -c option and then stdin is
still available. That requires me to be pretty careful with quotes
though. I wonder if there's an easy way to get a here document to act as
a parameter?
--
Robin Becker