Maya API with Python?

Hugh Macdonald HughMacdonald at brokenpipefilms.com
Mon Apr 26 04:17:41 EDT 2004

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 08:52:32 +0200
Harald Massa <cpl.19.ghum at spamgourmet.com> wrote:

> > Anybody tried that?  Progress or horror stories to tell?
> >

> "Industrial Light & Magic Runs on Python"
> http://www.pythonology.com/success&story=ilm
>

> I am sure, they also use maya.

I suspect that this is in a similar way to us... In that Python is mainly used for scripting shell tools and GUIs - and not (as I suspect the original poster was asking) integrated into a Maya plugin...

That said, I've recently been looking at something similar with Shake - some kind of wrapper between Shake and Python and then the core workings of the plugin to be done in Python....

--
Hugh Macdonald
The Moving Picture Company