Pygame book

Timo Virkkala a at a.invalid
Wed Apr 21 03:26:24 EDT 2004

Simon Burton wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 18:54:19 +0000, Timo Virkkala wrote:
> Does it cover PyOpenGL ?
> What about pyODE (open dynamics engine) ?
> Pyrex??

There's a full Table of Contents and a sample at
http://www.charlesriver.com/titles/pythongame.html

It uses PyOpenGL to some extent, but doesn't teach much about it. Quote
from the book:

   """This is not a book about OpenGL, so this section only
      includes a minimal amount of detail about the OpenGL
      code being used. For more detail on OpenGL programming,
      there are many other resources available both in books
      and online."""

pyODE isn't even mentioned in the book - which is a shame,
I'd like to have read about it too. Pyrex is absent too, but there is
some information about SWIG, Boost and Psyco.

--
Timo Virkkala