surface fitting library for Python?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed Apr 7 19:04:34 EDT 2004

I'm looking for a surface fitting library for Python.

Something like the least-squares module in scientific python,
except I want to fit a surface (z = f(x,y)) instead of a curve
(y = f(x)).

I found a couple other curve fitting libraries (some are
wrappers to C/Fortran libs I don't have), and I found a
curve and surface-fitting web page (www.zuzun.com) that's
written in Python -- I found a couple postings by James R.
Phillips (zunzun's author) and I suspect he's calling a
non-Python library of some sort.

What's the recommended method for doing surface fitting in
Python?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  In Newark the
                                  at               laundromats are open 24