[OT] Plone

bobb rawbobb at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 24 14:39:29 EDT 2004

Just 'cause it's cool doesn't mean it's not difficult...  I think (thanks to
tracebacks) it's very easy to debug, though.
Zope w/ Plone, by itself CAN be a slam dunk (like Franz Says above), but
extending it takes knowledge.
Zope has a long learning first gear, so to speak.
There's alot that CAN go on.  Alot of people have written products that sit
on top of it.
The biggest problem I find is the lack of documentation IMO.
The community is the best, though.
You don't need CMS for content management.  It all depends on what you want
to do.

Zope is a framework.  You still have to build the house, though.  Plone
takes care of alot of that out of the box.
You may not need Plone, you may not even need zope CMS, either.

bobb

news:6ukic.84257$cd.5573763 at phobos.telenet-ops.be...