sending an object - twisted or what?

Irmen de Jong irmen at -nospam-remove-this-xs4all.nl
Wed Apr 28 13:57:50 EDT 2004

Paul Sweeney wrote:

>>I don't know if it's simpler, but there's PyRO:
>>http://pyro.sourceforge.net/
>>

> I meant to say I had looked at that too, but I just want to operate a queue
> of objects sent between systems, so the whole name server/URI approach is
> quite a lot of unnecessary overhead.  Thanks for the post though. :-)

Are you aware that it's not necessary to use a name server/URIs?
Pyro can also work without it. See the example at the top of this
page of the manual: http://pyro.sourceforge.net/pyro-manual/8-example.html
Well, you still have to point your client to the location of the
other computer, so that's where the PYROLOC URI comes in, but
this example works without starting a Name server etc.

Regards

Irmen de Jong.